Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Working to bridge the developer/end-user divide in OpenStack: How the Product Working Group's listening campaign hopes to improve dialogue.
- How to craft a successful OpenStack Summit proposal: The deadline is approaching fast if you want to submit a talk to the Vancouver Summit.
- Swift feature highlight—TempURLs: What are TempURLs and how do you use them?
- What do operators do all day?: A look at how OpenStack administrators spend their time.
- Backup and recovery in the OpenStack universe: Where to go when something goes wrong.
- Musings and predictions: What's head in the Kilo release and beyond?
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Starting to look over migrating a large cloud from nova-network to neutron.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Take back the naming process: A discussion on how release names are decided and how that process can be made more open.
- PyMySQL review: Is this the one MySQL driver to rule them all?
- Native Keystone resources in Heat: Creating keystone users, roles, and tenants in Heat templates.
- SQL schema downgrades and related issues: Are downward migrations really a good idea for us to support?
- Finding people to work on the EC2 API in Nova: Developers are needed to maintain this important code section.
- Upstream training in Japan: February 2-3, 2015; Tokyo, Japan
- OpenStack Seattle meetup: February 2, 2015; Seattle, WA
- Deployment models for OpenStack: February 3, 2015; Online
- OpenStack Days Tokyo: February 3-4, 2015; Tokyo, Japan
- OpenStack Day in Korea: February 5, 2015; Seoul, South Korea
- Automated open source software based factories and pipelines: February 5, 2015; Online
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.