Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: February 9 - 15
OpenStack's inflection point, developer tools, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- All about that loop: Lessons from the OpenStack product mid-cycle.
- OpenStack’s inflection point: What to look for in 2015.
- Swift 2.2.2 release: What's new in OpenStack's object storage system?
- OpenStack development: Getting easier all the time.
- OpenStack in production: Choosing the right image.
- Big in Japan: OpenStack Days in Tokyo double in size.
- Take these OpenStack Infrastructure tools and run: Open source tools to make developers' lives easier.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Heat autoscaling.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Things everybody should know about Galera: Understanding consistency guarantees in a MySQL database.
- Stuck patches at the Nova IRC meeting: Code commits which could use some help moving forward.
- Rootwrap on root-intensive nodes: How OpenStack projects run code as root.
- Openstack HTTP error codes: How much information should be exposed when data is handed back?
- Seattle Python's February focus on OpenStack and Ansible: February 9, 2015; Seattle, WA
- Cloud management and automation: February 10, 2015; Salt Lake City, UT
- Building a cloud-ready Linux image using KVM: February 12, 2015; Online event
- OpenStack and IaaS overview: February 12, 2015; Portland, OR
- Gnunify OpenStack mini conference 2015: February 13, 2015; Bangalore, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.