Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: March 16 - 22
Charting the OpenStack galaxy, under the hood at TryStack, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Five years in: Charting the OpenStack galaxy.
- Stepping out of the way: What is the right role for the Technical Committee in governing OpenStack?
- Writing a new OpenStack Puppet module: Meeting the growing need to deploy OpenStack in a prescriptive manner.
- OpenStack and the balance between independence and compatibility: Everyone in the OpenStack community has a vested interested in making it work.
- Takeaways from OpenStack’s mid-Cycle ops meetup: A little more conversation, a little more action.
- Pass the mic user spotlight: An interview with Jeremy Stanley of the OpenStack infrastructure team.
- Check out what's under the hood at TryStack: Dan Radez uncovers the gear that will power OpenStack's free testing sandbox.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Nova microversions: Why do we need API extensions for new API functionality?
- Avoiding regression in project governance: Managing change as the project designation process changes.
- Readout from Philly operators meetup: A summary of discussions held.
- Nitpicking in code reviews: Should minor things hold a patch back?
- Do we need release announcements for all the things: Keeping email productive.
- OpenStack workshop: March 16, 2015; Bangalore, India
- OpenStack München storage meetup: March 17, 2015; Munich, Germany
- Introduction to OpenDaylight: March 18, 2015; Austin, TX
- Keystone and external authentication implementation: March 19, 2015; Atlanta, GA
- OpenStack Neutron deep dive with PLUMgrid: March 19, 2015; Boston, MA
- OpenStack hackathon: March 20, 2015; San Francisco, CA
And, don't forget to mark your calendars for a few things a little further down the road.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.