Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: March 2 - 8
Exploring the world of OpenStack, ensuring successful deployment, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Ensuring a successful OpenStack deployment: How to plan for your setup to succeed.
- CloudCamp Bangladesh sparks conversation on the future of cloud: Attendees were students eager to learn the value of open source.
- Exploring the world of OpenStack: Distributors open to operating system for the cloud.
- Scaling OpenStack Neutron development: How Kilo might help keep your network more resilient.
- Understanding CloudStack, OpenStack, and the cloud API: A look at cloud options.
- The impact of DevOps, SDN, Docker & more: An interview with OpenStack Board Member Rob Hirschfeld.
- DefCore isn't a punk band, but if you use OpenStack, listen up: A chat with Red Hat's Russell Bryant on the future of OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Revisiting the 6 month release cycle: Is OpenStack on the right rhythm?
- Re-evaluating the suitability of the 6 month release cycle: Another important thread on the cycle timing.
- Transferring maintenance of cliff to the OpenStack client team: How should the client libraries program be managed as it moves forward?
- Creating a unified developer reference manual: Teaching developers how to create applications with OpenStack.
- The past, present, and future of Neutron: March 2, 2015; Seattle, WA.
- Talk about OpenStack and learn from each other: March 3, 2015; San Jose, CA.
- Deploying Cinder in production: March 3, 2015; Ra'anana, Israel.
- See OpenStack in action: March 4, 2015; Dublin, Ireland.
- Bringing in the Heat from OpenStack: March 5, 2015; New York, NY.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.