Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Meet AVOS, the analytics dashboard for your OpenStack cloud: Quick insight into your cloud’s configuration, state, performance, and faults.
- What’s going on with Heat-Translator: Updates on the template conversion project.
- Getting started guide for OpenStack contributors: So you want to contribute to OpenStack?
- Why your first OpenStack commit will always be the hardest: Don't worry, the community will be there to help.
- Handling high email volume with sup: Advice on keeping up with the openstack-dev listserv.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Fetching policy from a remote source: What are some best practices before a spec is written.
- What is our shipped paste.ini going to be for Kilo: A decision that should be made before the feature freeze.
- QuintupleO overview: It's TripleO on TripleO.
- Release management and bug triage: Some thoughts on the organization of project planning.
- Neutron extensions: Should code be added as an extension if it breaks the API?
- OpenStack Meetup: March 25, 2015; Redmon, WA.
- Openstack and Ceph: March 26, 2015; Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- OpenStack Storage Ceph hands on lab: March 26, 2015; Budapest, Hungary.
- OpenStack infrastructure: March 26, 2015; Pasadena, CA
And don't forget to mark your calendars for a few things a little further down the road.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.