Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- 2015 OpenStack t-shirt design contest: Share your design skills with the entire OpenStack community.
- OpenStack DefCore process draft posted for review: DefCore is looking for community feedback.
- As Paypal.com approaches 100 percent OpenStack: The private cloud is here to stay.
- OpenStack user survey: The deadline is fast approaching on April 8.
- OpenStack emacs tools: How developers can configure their text editors for efficiently working with OpenStack.
- Not all cores are created equal: Hypervisors can vary signifcantly in performance.
- Scale and maturity: Thoughts on the OpenStack mid-cycle operators meetup.
- OpenStack at 10: Different code, same collaboration?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work: Where are things headed for the Kilo release?
- Decoupling Heat integration tests from Heat tree: Three suggestions for separating components.
- Update to Django-1.7.x: A feature freeze exception to use a more current Django release.
- Meters vs. metrics: What is the difference between these two in the context of Ceilometer?
- How to handle vendor-specific API microversions: How should vendors designate a version number change?
- Deploying OpenStack Cinder in production: March 30, 2015; Online.
- OpenStack Hungary meetup: March 31, 2015; Budapest, Hungary.
- Getting the most out of Cinder: April 2, 2015; Seattle, WA
- South Bay OpenStack meetup: April 2, 2015; San Francisco, CA
And don't forget to mark your calendars for a few things a little further down the road.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.