Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: March 9 - 15
A new home for OpenStack user groups, DBaaS as a stack of pancakes, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Why database as a service is like a stack of pancakes: OpenStack Trove for breakfast; yum!
- The facets of the OpenStack integrated release: What has "integrated release" meant in the past, and what does it mean going forward?
- DefCore process 9 point graphic balances community, vendor, governance: Explaining DefCore made simple?
- OpenStack user groups get a new home: A new portal for OpenStack events.
- Why OpenStack’s drive for inclusivity matters: Systems that optimize for diversity are stronger, faster, smarter, and infinitely more adaptable.
- Linux professionals in high demand thanks to Heartbleed flaw and OpenStack growth: More evidence of job growth in the open source cloud.
- An alternative view of OpenStack: How to encourage innovation by getting out of the way.
- Evolution of OpenStack: From infancy to enterprise.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Auto-abandon changesets considered harmful: How much time can go by before a change is considered abandoned?
- [Nova] What's the merge plan for current proposed microversions: Getting changes made before the feature freeze.
- Re-evaluating the suitability of the six-month release cycle: More consideration of the release timeframe.
- [Nova] Blueprint about multiple workers supported in nova-scheduler: Making it easy to launch a bunch of scheduler processes on a host.
- DC OpenStack Meetup: March 10, 2015; Washington, DC
- Triangle OpenStack Meetup: March 11, 2015; Morrisville, NC
- OpenStack Philly Meetup: March 11, 2015; Philadelphia, PA
- OpenStack New York Meetup: March 11, 2015; New York, NY
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery Meetup OpenStack Q&A: March 11, 2015; Santiago, Chile
- Ceph Day San Francisco: March 12, 2015; San Francisco, CA
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.