Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: April 13 - 19
OpenStack in the classroom, PTL voting begins, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OVN and OpenStack integration development update: How OpenStack and Open vSwitch are converging.
- Why OpenStack will change the way we live, work and play: An interview with Cisco's Niki Acosta.
- Why adopting OpenStack for dev/test matters: Development and testing are real work.
- OpenStack in the classroom: Teaching students to code for the clouds of the future.
- The core deficiency: Getting core code reviewers is still a challenge.
- Neutron Kilo retrospective and a look toward Liberty: Where is OpenStack networking headed as we look to future releases?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The specs process, effective operators feedback and product management: How features get merged in Neutron, and how the process might improve.
- PTL voting is now open: It's time to select the next leaders of the individual OpenStack projects.
- Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries: Versioning the other important parts of OpenStack.
- How to send messages (and events) to our users: Establishing communications mechanisms for conveying information to users.
- Things to tackle in Liberty: What's next for OpenStack Nova?
- OpenStack Live: April 13-14, 2015; Santa Clara, CA.
- Santiago devops and continuous delivery meetup: April 14, 2015; Santiago, Chile.
- OpenStack Sevilla meetup: April 15, 2015; Sevilla, Spain.
- OpenStack Brasil hangout: April 15, 2015; Porto Alegre, Brazil.
And don't forget to mark your calendar for the big event!
- OpenStack Summit: May 18-22, 2015; Vancouver, BC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
Thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for linking us to several of the stories in this article.