Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Why you should attend an OpenStack Summit: Ten highlights from the last summit to get you excited about Vancouver.
- Implementation of Pacemaker managed OpenStack VM recovery: Detecting and fixing compute node failures.
- OVN and OpenStack status: What's new in open virtual networking?
- China hosts OpenStack bug-fix hackathon: Organizing what will become a twice-yearly event.
- 8 new tutorials for success with OpenStack: In case you missed in, our own round up of the best tutorials published last month.
- PyCon 2015: Reflections from volunteering for OpenStack, and more.
- Debugging TripleO Heat templates: Deploying OpenStack with its own templating engine.
- You can try OpenStack before you buy: A look at the free TryStack website.
- Gnocchi 1.0: Storing metrics and resources at scale.
Just for fun: OpenStack reactions: Having to look for an error into a DevStack log.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Upcoming library releases to unfreeze requirements in master: Update have been made to several important libraries.
- Please stop reviewing code while asking questions: Understanding patchsets before scoring them.
- Question for the TC candidates: Making tough choices about potential Technical Committee members.
- Cross-project coordination: How can networking and compute better coordinate?
- A big tent home for Neutron backend code: Where should the repositories live?
- Silicon Valley OpenStack operators meetup: April 29, 2015; San Jose, CA.
- Trove database as a service: April 30, 2015; Wellington, New Zealand.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: April 30, 2015; Denver, CO.
OpenStack Summit coming up!
Don't forget to mark your calendar for the big event! OpenStack Summit is May 18-22, 2015 in Vancouver, BC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.