Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: April 6 - 12
An OpenStack code sprint, preparing for the Vancouver summit, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Passion + community support = Success with OpenStack: Shilla Saebi, operations engineer at Comcast, provides her equation for success with OpenStack.
- OpenStack QA code sprint in New York City: Takeaways from the event.
- Preparing for the Vancouver summit: A good checklist for getting ready for the big event next month.
- PayPal declares it's 100% OpenStack cloud: Another look at the big news from PayPal.
- Midokura bets on OpenStack, joins OpenStack Foundation: The OpenStack Foundation grows a little bigger.
- OpenStack hardware startup Nebula shuts down: The OpenStack landscape sees another change this week.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Clarifications on the goal and skipping tests: On the purpose of third party continuous integration tests.
- The evolution of core developer to maintainer: Who makes up the core team of an OpenStack project, and why does it matter what we call them?
- Bug expiration: Items in Nova's bug list have to be manually closed; should this be automated again?
- Triangle OpenStack Meetup: April 6, 2015; Morrisville, NC.
- Australian OpenStack user group: April 7, 2015; Sydney, Australia.
- PyCon 2015: April 8-16, 2015; Montreal, Canada.
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) & Linux-based networking: April 8, 2015; Washington, DC.
- Cinder block storage in OpenStack: April 9, 2015; Atlanta, GA.
And don't forget to mark your calendars for a few things a little further down the road.
- OpenStack Live: April 13-14, 2015; Santa Clara, CA.
- OpenStack Summit: May 18-22, 2015; Vancouver, BC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
Thanks to Opensource.com community moderator Robin Muilwijk, who pointed us towards some of these stories this week.