Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Set your software free: OpenStack co-founder Chris Kemp on why there's more value in releasing software to the community.
- New to OpenStack?: Why it pays to jump right in.
- Kilo preps OpenStack for the really big loads: Does OpenStack scale? You bet it does.
- Top four user talks at the OpenStack Vancouver Summit: Unsure which talks to pick at the upcoming conference? We've got you covered.
- The OpenStack and Beyond podcast: NFV and SDN in the cloud.
And just for fun: OpenStack reactions: Saying hello for the first time at Summit to someone we know on IRC.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Cross project communication: Would a periodic developer newsletter help improve collaboration?
- How to specify Keystone v3 credentials: What is the best way to add support in the OpenStack Puppet modules?
- RPC asynchronous communication: Optimizing performance by reducing latency.
- Which error code should we return when OverQuota: Should the code return "Forbidden" or "Bad Request?"
- OpenStack and heterogeneous Docker orchestration: May 12, 2015; Reston, VA.
- High availability in OpenStack: May 12, 2015; Athens, Greece.
- OpenStack hands on: May 13, 2015; Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- OpenStack user group meetup: May 14, 2015; Singapore.
And don't forget to mark your calendar for the big event!
- OpenStack Summit: May 18-22, 2015; Vancouver, BC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.