Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 25 -31
A look back at the Vancouver OpenStack Summit
Hello and welcome to this special post-OpenStack Summit edition of our weekly OpenStack and open source cloud news. Interested in keeping track of what's happening? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
From around the web
OpenStack Summit's numerous panels, keynotes, and annoucements drove a good bit of coverage last week; here's our pick for the top ten articles covering the various events.
- OpenStack Summit 2015: Decomposing four misconceptions.
- OpenStack Magnum: Containers-as-a-Service for cloud operators.
- Status check on OpenStack: The open source cloud has arrived.
- Entrepreneurs share how to build an OpenStack-powered business: A look at cloud startups using OpenStack.
- OpenStack isn't just ready for enterprise adoption: It's already there.
- OpenStack Foundation plots a diverse course forward: Growing the cloud ecosystem.
- OpenStack: Ready for more enterprise adoption?
- OpenStack simplifies setup with Community App Catalog: Get ready for easier application installs.
- OpenStack boldly going where no cloud has gone before: Mars, that is!
- OpenStack embraces containers: It's not either/or; the answer is both.
It was a quieter week on the dev listserv, with most of OpenStack's active contributors at summit. Here's a sample of what you may have missed this week. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Rally summit updates: A look at some of the discussions from Vancouver.
- Meeting with the Zaqar team at summit: Notes and observations.
- Vancouver summit operations containers session: The latest in how OpenStack works with containers.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Seattle DevOps meetup: May 26, 2015; Seattle, WA.
- Kubernetes crash course: May 26, 2015; San Francisco, CA.
- OpenDaylight demo: May 27, 2015; Munich, Germany.
- OpenStack happy hour: May 27, 2015; Hong Kong.
- Kilo release and Vancouver Summit update: May 27, 2015; Antwerp, Belgium.
- Lunch and learn Hadoop: May 28, 2015; Atlanta, GA.
- OpenStack Kilo release overview: May 28, 2015; Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- OpenStack meetup: May 30, 2015; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.