Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 4 - 10
The Kilo release is here, and other OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Kilo is out: Here are the official release notes.
- A guide to the OpenStack Kilo release: What are the features you need to know about?
- Snapshot of the OpenStack community behind Kilo: Who contributed to this newest release?
- Understanding the different OpenStack tox configs: How OpenStack projects use tox to manage virtual environments and run unit tests.
- Superuser Awards final faceoff: Your vote counts!
- Ada Initiative's ally skills workshop: Register now for the session during OpenStack Summit.
- reStructuredText markups in manuals and the translation tips: Best practices for making OpenStack documentation more translateable.
- Dealing with dependencies in OpenStack: A proposal for making dependencies more manageable.
And just for fun: OpenStack reactions: When a PTL has to tell a vendor that their driver is out because of a failed CI message.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Who is allowed to vote for TC candidates: Is it feasible to include the operator community?
- Go! Swift!: Is is time to rearchitect Swift in the go programming language?
- Navigating the ever changing OpenStack codebase: Providing recommendations to a new developer in the OpenStack space.
- May Minnesota OpenStack meetup: May 5, 2015; Minneapolis, MN.
- OpenStack Ceilometer telemetry presentation: May 6, 2015; Richardson, TX.
- The ins and outs of deploying OpenStack: May 6, 2015; Seattle, WA.
- The ultimate OpenStack meet and greet: May 6, 2015; New York, NY.
- What's new n OpenStack Kilo: May 7, 2015; Online.
- Automation of OpenStack deployments with big data solutions: May 7, 2015; San Francisco, CA.
- Open... House. Community. Stack.: May 7, 2015; Sunnyvale, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.