Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 1 - 7
Security, creating a federated cloud, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Community support is the key to OpenStack's success: A video interview with Jonathan Bryce, executive director of the OpenStack Foundation.
- Rethinking resources: A proposal to revamp OpenStack's scheduler.
- How to secure an OpenStack cloud: Thoughts on providing security at a number of different levels.
- Puppet OpenStack plans for Liberty: A summary of discussions around Puppet at the Vancouver Summit.
- RDO meetup at the OpenStack Summit: What happens if you put 60 RDO enthusiasts in the same room? Great discussions!
- TripleO Liberty recap: What's coming up for TripleO?
- OpenStack and the quest for a federated cloud: Recent steps towards interoperability.
- OpenStack Summit 2015: Breaking down four misconceptions.
- Think FICO is a credit scoring company? Nope: It’s about large-scale analytics on OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- No longer doing stable point releases: Stable branches will continue to be maintained, but without coordinated point releases.
- Proposed change in Nova service defaults: An important patch currently under consideration.
- Changing Ironic's release model: A proposal to move towards an independent release schedule.
- Impressions from Vancouver Neutron design summits: Some suggestions for improvement.
- IRC meetings agenda is now driven from Gerrit: Automation is driving a better calendar system.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Containers at scale with Docker & Kubernetes: June 2, 2015; Toronto, ON.
- OpenStack Summit recap: June 3, 2015; Helsinki, Finland.
- Heat orchestration: June 3, 2015; Richardson, TX.
- Open source cloud meetup: June 3, 2015; Raleigh, NC.
- Swiss OpenStack user group: June 4, 2015; Zürich, Switzerland.
- South Bay OpenStack meetup on Vagrant technology: June 4, 2015; Sunnyvale, CA.
- OpenStack meetup: June 6, 2015; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.