Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 15-21
Enterprise support, fighting complexity, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Scary enterprise support: Six key dimensions to consider when picking an OpenStack provider.
- Fighting OpenStack complexity: Complexity is the bane of IT infrastructure.
- The startups in this hot market are all vanishing: Why OpenStack matters to the big guys.
- OpenStack for the rest of us: Why OpenStack and storage intersect
- FICO proves the mainstream OpenStack adoption point: A story of cloud movement.
- OpenStack Turkey user group: Eager to make an impression on the global community.
- Barclays turns to OpenStack to manage private cloud: UK bank is in the midst of a five-year infrastructure refresh project.
- OpenStack vs. Linux: How do the communities differ?
- How the cloud can cut red tape: Mexico to launch ambitious citizen service portal with OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- RPM packaging for OpenStack: Closer collaboration between RDO and SUSE.
- Microversion guideline in API working group: Bringing microversions to Magnum and Ironic.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Israel: June 15, 2015; Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Best practices for scalability: June 16, 2015; Austin, TX.
- What's new in Ceph: June 16, 2015; Paris, France.
- OpenStack user group: June 17, 2015; Sofia, Bulgaria.
- OpenStack PDX meetup: June 18, 2015; Portland, OR.
- OpenStack and Ceph: June 18, 2015; Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- OpenStack networking: June 18, 2015; San Francisco, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.