Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 22 - 28
User survey learnings, a code analysis tool, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python: A look at using Bandit for examining a large code base.
- Shifting gears: How cloud is revolutionizing TV post-production.
- Newbie corner—OpenStack contribution: A great collection of resources for getting started.
- Highlights from the OpenStack user survey in spring 2015: What have we learned from OpenStack's user base?
- OpenStack really is enterprise-ready: The technology behind the open source cloud is clearly mature.
- How OpenStack became the big dogs' game: Why it's still for you.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Supporting swift downloads for operator language packs: Making applications more globally accessible.
- Dropping non RabbitMQ support in devstack: Making OpenStack's development environment more opinionated.
- Microversion API HTTP header: On service types versus project names.
- TLS support in Magnum: Discussions on a new blueprint.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Red Hat Summit / DevNation: June 23-26, 2015; Boston, MA.
- Open cloud architecture, security, and more: June 24, 2015; Halifax, NS.
- OpenStack Summit recap: June 25, 2015; Austin, TX.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: June 25, 2015; Denver, CO.
- OPNFV: A Key Driver for NFV Infrastructure: June 25, 2015; San Jose, CA.
- OpenStack networking tips and tricks: June 25, 2015; Pasadena, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.