Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 29 - July 5
New component versioning, Technical Committee highlights, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- New OpenStack component versioning: A shift in how projects changes are identified.
- So long OpenStack community, see you soon: OpenStack community manager Stefano Maffulli says ciao.
- Red Hat Summit: Can you say OpenStack and containers?
- Forrester says ready, set, OpenStack: A summary of the recent report calling OpenStack's "viability and presence in the market irrefutable."
- Technical Committee highlights: New projects, naming the "M" release, and more.
- At CERN, storage is the key to the universe: As the research center breaks records smashing particles, it crunches petabytes.
- Here’s why I see OpenStack becoming the most important cloud platform for business: Enterprise IT goes open source.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Third party CI voting: Should any third party CI have voting rights for Neutron patches in Gerrit?
- The unbearable lightness of specs: Is there a better way to facilitate good design?
- How to properly detect and fence a compromised host: Is TrustedFilder the solution, or is there a better way?
- Recursive validation for easier composability: A look at options when nesting with Heat in TripleO.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Summit discussion: June 29, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA.
- OpenStack Philippines 2015: June 29, 2015; Manila, Philippines.
- OpenStack Foundation 5th birthday party: June 30, 2015; Bucharest, Romania.
- Introduction to OpenStack: July 1, 2015; Denham, UK.
- NFV engineering and planning on OpenStack: July 1, 2015; Richardson, TX.
- OpenStack 5th birthday party: July 1, 2015; Sevilla, Spain.
- OpenStack Software Defined Networking: July 2, 2015; Amersfoort, Netherlands.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.