Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 8 - 14
Reflections on OpenStack's startup friendliness, and other OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Containers and OpenStack: Here's what you need to know.
- Five years on, and OpenStack is absolutely a thing: It's time to put skepticism in the past.
- OpenStack Foundation looks to promote collaboration and access to new technology: Leveling out the learning curve.
- OpenStack is maturing with the community: An interview with Radhesh Balakrishnan and Mike Cohen.
- Contributing to OpenStack: Resources for getting started.
- What building Legos can teach you about open source: OpenStack Upstream Training unites play with open source development.
- 10 ways to make OpenStack more start-up friendly: Suggestions from OpenStack contributor Rob Hirschfeld.
- OpenStack is as start-up friendly as anything: A rebuttal from OpenStack Community Manager Steffano Maffuli.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Progressing/tracking work on libvirt / vif drivers: A look at recent updates.
- Adding packaging as an OpenStack project: Considering how OpenStack gets distributed.
- Updating our concept of resources: How does the Nova scheduler handle them?
- Help needed with TOSCA support in Murano: A follow-up from the summit.
- Scaling up code review process: Making code review work for big projects.
- Big Tent Mode within respective projects: Which projects are implementing this model?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack CEE Day 2015: June 8, 2015; Budapest, Hungary.
- Meet the Foundation with OpenStack London: June 9, 2015; London, UK.
- DevOps alignment in the enterprise: June 10, 2015; Boston, MA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.