Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: July 27 - August 2
A new center for innovation, celebrating five years, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack and cloud native applications: Two peas in a data center pod.
- Accelerating the enterprise features of OpenStack: A new OpenStack innovation center.
- Global community celebrates five years of OpenStack: Looking back at how far the community has come.
- Supporting the people who support OpenStack: Increasing the breadth of qualified OpenStackers.
- Kubernetes community lands 1.0 release: Two users talk about running Kubernetes on OpenStack.
- Keystone mid-cycle recap for Liberty: What's happening with OpenStack's identity service for the next release?
- OpenStack Summit Tokyo speaker presentations: Voting is now open!
- We need the power of corporates, says OpenStack exec: Jonathan Bryce explains why corporate contributions matter.
- How Walmart hired 2,200 developers and made 'magic': Walmart Labs is driving the company's innovation and doing it on OpenStack.
- Interoperability: DefCore, Refstack and you.
- OpenStack & beyond: A conversation about high availability.
- A journey of a packet within OpenContrail: How do VMs talk to one another?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Response when a illegal body is sent: How should Glance handle failures gracefully?
- Streamlining of config options in Nova: Where should configuration settings be stored?
- Representing a networks connected by routers: A look at two alternative proposals.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack 5th birthday party and Board of Directors mingle: Tuesday, July 28; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack continuous integration insights: Wednesday, July 29; San Francisco, CA.
- Helping people understand OpenStack and cloud services: Wednesday, July 29; Frederick, MD.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.