Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Writing your first OpenStack application: A new guide to getting started and using SDKs to build your first app.
- OpenStack Essentials: A book to get you grounded in the fundamentals.
- Dive into Zuul: A look at OpenStack's gated commit system.
- 5 years of OpenStack: It’s time to celebrate the community!
- Blazing the trail for OpenStack in South Korea: A profile with Nalee Jang, one of Korea’s leading experts in open source software.
- Private cloud database as a service: How to deliver data management agility and choice that rivals the public cloud.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Locks for create from volume/snapshot: A proposal for lockfiles use in Cinder.
- Show attribute is a collection of other attributes or not: How should Heat show attributes?
- Best practices for the DB maintenance in production: Triggers in Mistral.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Mastering OpenStack with simple architectures; July 7, 2015; Tehran, Iran.
- OpenStack's 5th birthday celebration; July 7, 2015; Reston, VA.
- Kilo to Liberty, the Vancouver Summit; July 8, 2015; Portland, OR.
- Tokyo OpenStack meetup; July 9, 2015; Tokyo, Japan.
- OpenStack Munich summer meetup; July 9, 2015; Munich, Germany.
- OpenStack's 5th birthday celebration; July 11, 2015; Nairobi, Kenya.
- OpenStack's 5th birthday celebration; July 11, 2015; New Delhi, India.
- OpenStack's 5th birthday celebration; July 11, 2015; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.