Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Takeaways from OpenStack’s mid-cycle ops meetup, Liberty edition: OpenStack operators discuss hypervisors, logging, upgrades, and more.
- How open source helped one woman break into the tech industry: An interview with OpenStack developer Victoria Martinez de la Cruz.
- Get the latest message on OpenStack's Zaqar service: Updates on improvements in deployment, storage, and support.
- Scaling NFV to 213 million packets per second: How well can OpenStack perform with technologies like DPDK?
- FICO embraces OpenStack: An interview on the company's rapid transformation.
- Complete guide to OpenStack Trove book now available: How to operate NoSQL and relational databases in public and private clouds.
- OpenStack Days India reflects local tech boom: Attendance has gone up 150%.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities: Horizon pagination for the tenants/projects list doesn't work with Keysone v3 anymore.
- Netaddr and abbreviated CIDR format: What IP addresses are accepted in Neutron?
- PTL/TC candidate workflow proposal for next elections: Improved elections workflow using Gerrit.
- Modifying the 'is it packaged' test: Two suggested revisions.
- Etherpad from the Ops meetup: What's happening mid-cycle in Neutron.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Trove Day: August 25, 2015; San Jose, CA.
- Leverage SDN with OpenStack to secure your public or private cloud: August 25, 2015; Santa Clara, CA.
- OpenStack monthly meetup: August 25, 2015; St. Louis, MO.
- OpenStack Silicon Valley: August 26-27, 2015; Mountain View, CA.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: August 27, 2015; Littleton, CO.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.