Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Mastering containers with OpenStack: As containers gain major ground, a new white paper from the OpenStack Foundation highlights how to succeed with them.
- Bringing containers networking to OpenStack Neutron: An introduction to the Kuryr project.
- OpenStack Silicon Valley zeroes in on containers: The second annual event welcomed thought leaders and users this week to discuss the current state of containers and predict what's next.
- OpenStack continues to push cloud integration vision: How OpenStack ties together different types of systems, including containers and other emerging technologies.
- 8 new tutorials for OpenStack users and developers: Lots of new resources for helping you learn about OpenStack.
- OpenStack common culture: What does it mean to be OpenStack as the community evolves?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Attaching arbitrary key/value pairs to resources: Security and the Neutron API.
- 40% failure on Neutron Python 3.4 tests in the gate: Solutions for preventing backup at the gate.
- "Latest" microversion considered dangerous: Should Manila transmit its actual version number?
- Documentation on how to start contributing: How to get involved with the Murano project.
- VPNaaS API change is not backward compatible: Three upcoming API changes you should be aware of.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Australian OpenStack user group: August 31; Brisbane, Australia.
- Talk about OpenStack architectures: August 31; Fort Collins, CO.
- DFW OpenStack meetup: September 2; Richardson, TX.
- Raleigh open source cloud meetup: September 2; Raleigh, NC.
- Large scale OpenStack operations best practices: September 3; Reston, VA.
- Build an OpenStack cloud: September 3; Glen Allen, VA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.