Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Why you should take TryStack for a spin now: The free OpenStack testing sandbox is back, and it's bigger, badder and better than ever.
- Let me tell you something about being a PTL: What it's like to run an OpenStack project.
- QuintupleO is now OpenStack Virtual Baremetal: Practical reasons for renaming a project.
- Managing OpenStack: Why integration matters.
- Liberty cycle retrospective in Puppet OpenStack: What's new, and what to expect in the next release.
- Big data in the open, private cloud: There's a better way to meet your big data initiatives.
- How to monitor OpenStack deployments with Docker, Graphite, Grafana, collectd and Chef: A tutorial for getting up and running.
- Getting Hyper-V and OpenStack set up quickly: Exploring your options for hypervisors.
- Why OpenStack needs to keep it simple: Another look back at this week in OpenStack.
- Rackspace and Intel open the OpenStack Innovation Center: Creating a new space for OpenStack development.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Creating new users with invalid mail addresses possible: Should addresses be validated in Keystone?
- Let's take care of our integration tests: Keeping Horizon tests operational.
- Use only Keystone v3 API in DevStack: Kolla contains hard-coded dependencies to an older version.
- Security hardening: Keeping OpenStack-Ansible secure.
- 'team:danger-not-diverse tag' and my concerns: Improving communications with individual projects.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- GlusterFS meetup: Monday, September 14; Menlo Park, CA.
- Extensibility in OpenStack Swift: Monday, September 14; Washington, DC.
- An evening of OpenStack: Wednesday, September 16; New York, NY.
- OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, September 16; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack Benelux: Thursday, September 17; Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- OpenStack PDX: Thursday, September 17; Portland, OR.
- OpenStack networking for multi-hypervisor data centers: Thursday, September 17; San Francisco, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.