Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 21 - 27
The official user survey, visualizing your cloud, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Take the official OpenStack user survey: Hurry, the deadline is this Friday.
- Visualize your OpenStack cloud: Using Gnocchi and Grafana to make awesome monitoring visualizations.
- Python 3 status in OpenStack Liberty: What progress has been made, and what's still left to do.
- 5 reasons to learn Openstack Swift: It's time to learn more about the OpenStack object storage project.
- A starter guide to DefCore, OpenStack's interoperability project: Creating the minimum standards for products labeled OpenStack.
- Bringing NFV into OpenStack with Tacker: A project to develop a general-purpose network functions virtualization orchestrator.
- PayPal VP on OpenStack deployment benefits and burdens: PayPal continues to carry the OpenStack torch and work out the kinks.
- Confused about the OpenStack release cycle?: Check out this handy chart.
- On getting the OpenStack skills that get jobs: There are plenty of options for your training needs.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Something incompatible with our requirements: Fixing time-sensitive issues in Keystone.
- Semantics expected when booting a VM on an external network: How can Neutron can describe 'routed' semantics as well as all the traditional ones?
- PTL nomination period is now over: Projects are choosing new team leads.
- LVM snapshot performance issue: Why isn't thin provisioning the default?
- Call for mentors Outreachy Dec-March 2016: Help increase the diversity of OpenStack.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Bi-modal IT & OpenStack: Tuesday, September 22, 2015; Washington, DC.
- OpenStack and DevOps user groups: Wednesday, September 23, 2015; Helsinki, Finland.
- OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, September 23, 2015; Budapest, Hungary.
- How Adobe built an OpenStack cloud: Thursday, September 24; Lehi, Utah.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: Thursday, September 24; Littleton, Colorado.
- Deploying OpenStack with Ansible: Thursday, September 24; Athens, Greece.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.