Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 7 - 13
A new cookbook for cloud computing, growing market demand, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook: Say hello to a new edition with updated recipes.
- OpenStack services market growing at 32.9% to 2019: A new report shows continued growth for the years ahead.
- Open source transparency among the clouds: DreamHost's Jonathan LaCour on the value behind OpenStack.
- OpenStack debates show that the platform is maturing: Disagreement is sometimes just a sign of enthusiasm.
- OpenStack Day Seattle tackles enterprise adoption and diversity: More than 150 attendees gathered to hear from users, including FICO and eBay Inc.
- 5 Reasons why you should learn OpenStack: Just in case you needed more convincing.
- Bridging the OpenStack skills gap: The demand for OpenStack professionals still outpaces supply.
- The future of Neutron: An interview with PTL Kyle Mestery.
- Technical Committee highlights: Naming conventions, new projects, and more.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- This is what disabled-by-policy should look like to the user: Giving users the proper error messages.
- Scheduler hints, API, and objects: Suggestions for formalizing scheduler hints.
- Allowing DNS suffix to be set per subnet: A potential Neutron feature.
- Feature freeze exception proposal: Adding single disk image OVA import to Glance.
- Keeping the 'heat-admin' user working: Options after instance_user changes.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Swiss OpenStack user group meetup with Docker: Tuesday, September 8; Zürich, Switzerland.
- OpenStack meetup: Tuesday, September 8; Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Build an OpenStack cloud: Wednesday, September 9; Baltimore, MD.
- OpenStack India meetup: Saturday, September 12; Bangalore, India.
- GlusterFS meetup: Saturday, September 12; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.