Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: January 25 - 31
New Outreachy interns, NFV deployment growth, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Outreachy program welcomes seven new OpenStack interns: Internship program immerses interns in a three-month full immersion on OpenStack projects.
- NFV deployment growing thanks to OpenStack: The cloud is a key enabler of network function virtualization.
- Superuser roundtable: Benefits and use cases for network functions virtualization.
- OpenStack: What businesses need to know.
- Ceilometer gets major performance boost: Community teamwork improved CPU usage by 70 percent.
- Fine tuning OpenStack for the enterprise: An interview with OpenStack Foundation board member Mark McLoughlin.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Tar as an image disk format: Allowing compressed archives of a root files ystem in Glance.
- Independent and unmanaged projects should record their releases: Making it easier for deployers to find information.
- Stabilization cycles: Elaborating on the idea to move it forward.
- GET calls with huge argument list: Avoiding the "Request URI too long" error with large GETs.
- Proposal of adding puppet-oslo to OpenStack: Finding the right place for the code.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Neutron done the SDN way: Tuesday, January 26; Tel Aviv, Israel.
- OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, January 27; London, UK.
- OpenStack in the Enterprise: Wednesday, January 27; Orlando, FL.
- Building distributed, service-rich SDNs: Thursday, January 28; Denver, CO.
- OpenStack and RDO Q&A: Thursday, January 28; Morgantown, WV.
- Deployment experience from large-scale Neutron networks: Thursday, January 28; Pasadena, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.