Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack’s latest release focuses on scalability and resilience: Here's what is inside the latest release version of OpenStack, Newton.
- It's OpenStack or vendor lock-In, says AT&T: Why telecoms are some of OpenStack's biggest backers.
- Inside WalmartLabs and its OpenStack core: A look at how the retail giant is powering its cloud.
- Transitioning from OpenStack hobbyist to professional: Take steps to prepare yourself for a career in cloud administration.
- Neutron's role evolves in OpenStack networks: How does the open source networking component of OpenStack compare to other options?
- When OpenStack fails, don't blame the technology: OpenStack is rock-solid if you make good choices in planning your cloud needs.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Why do we have project-specific hacking rules: Can these rules be made universal across all projects?
- Open question to the candidates: Letting the Technical Committee candidates weigh in on what issues, if any, they wish to be proactive with.
- Thoughts on the TC election process: Does the current process generate the best results, and if not, can it be improved?
- OpenStack October meetup: Monday, October 10; Budapest Hungary.
- From upstream to the customer, the continuous delivery chain: Monday, October 10; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack unconference: Wednesday, October 12; Köln, Germany.
- Alleviating networking challenges in OpenStack: Wednesday, October 12; Phoenix, AZ.
- Managing OpenStack with Python: Thursday, October 13; San Antonio, TX.
- Monitoring analytics for OpenStack environments: Thursday, October 13: Palo Alto, CA.
- OpenStack projects: Friday, October 14; Lagos, Nigeria.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.