This week in OpenStack: November 14 - 20, 2016
Evolving the design summit, bare metal deployments, and more OpenStack news
Learn what's happening this week in OpenStack, the open source cloud computing project.
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Evolving the OpenStack Design Summit: Changing the project's global gatherings to better meet the needs of attendees.
- Provision bare metal servers for OpenStack with Ironic: An interview with developer Ruby Loo on the upstream Ironic community.
- The OpenStack platform: What businesses need to know: An overview of the OpenStack ecosystem and its major components.
- Harnessing the power of the 'Four Opens': OpenStack embraces the concept of open far beyond its code alone.
- How OpenStack uses Nodepool: The OpenStack Foundation's Jonathan Bryce on deploying and managing infrastructure images.
- Recapping OpenStack Summit Barcelona: A look back at the event and some of the key takeaways.
- Embracing new languages in OpenStack: Should OpenStack move beyond Python for core components?
- Trusted with 30 million email accounts, atmail delivers with OpenStack: How the email provider is leveraging OpenStack to deliver your messages.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Embracing new languages in OpenStack: A discussion on OpenStack's language choices and what it would take to change them.
- Ocata LBaaS retrospective and next steps recap: A look back at the Summit discussions.
- Release countdown for week R-14, 14-18 Nov, Ocata-1 milestone: Where are we in the release cycle?
- OpenStack Australia Day: Monday, November 14; Barton, Australia.
- OpenStack: The Fundamentals: Tuesday, November 15; Cork, Ireland.
- Kubernetes+Docker+Openstack 101: Wednesday, November 16; Austin, TX.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.