Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 7 - 13, 2016
Becoming an engineer, completing the stack, and more OpenStack news
Let's take a look at what's happening this week in the open source cloud.
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- How to become an OpenStack engineer: Tips from the community on how and why to get started with the cloud platform.
- Building the stack above and below OpenStack: The open source software ecosystem beyond OpenStack grows to meet diverse user needs.
- How OpenStack may help us find the beginning of the universe: The Square Kilometer Array Project is considering OpenStack for its massive scientific effort.
- Evolving the OpenStack Design Summit: How the process for gathering developers is changing through the next cycle.
- OpenStack security spotlight: What the project is doing to keep you and your cloud safe.
- OpenStack expands both its customer reach and deployments size: OpenStack continues to grow in many key areas.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Ansible module with GPLv3: Ensuring license compatibility before moving forward.
- New and next-gen libraries: Potential new shared libraries within the Oslo project.
- Constructing a deterministic representation of a Python data structure: Looking for best practices for a widely compatible data structures.
- Propose removal of TrivialFix requirement: Changing the requirements for committing to Kolla.
- Release announcements: Improving the release announcement process by creating a new listserv.
- Talk about the Barcelona Summit: Tuesday, November 8; Fort Collins, CO.
- Northern Virginia OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, November 9; Reston, VA.
- OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, November 9; Hamburg, Germany.
- Building a cloud: Wednesday, November 9; San Diego, CA.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.