Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: February 1 - 7
Mid-cycle meetups, high performance computing advances, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Takeaways from the OpenStack Mitaka mid-cycle security meetup: How are security experts contributing to OpenStack's next release?
- OpenStack mid-cycle session leads to collaborative production: Another look at what's ahead for OpenStack.
- High-performance computing lands leading role on the OpenStack stage: Get involved with efforts to create a system that pairs high performance with the flexibility of cloud.
- 7 new OpenStack guides and tips: Explore the best in new community-created tutorials from the last month.
- Why large data centers and telcos are fast-tracking NFV with OpenStack: A quick read on the new 21-page report from the Foundation gets you up to speed.
- Technical Committee highlights: New names and clarified licensing requirements.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Cleanly detaching volumes from failed nodes: How to handle virtual disk images after VM failures.
- Service type versus project name for use in headers: Building consistency across APIs.
- Stable/kilo 2015.1.3 delayed: How to address last minute issues in Ceilometer.
- Upstream university: Sign up for mentors and mentees.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack ecosystem tooling and related open source projects: Wednesday, February 3; Online.
- Neutron network troubleshooting: Wednesday, February 3; Richardson, TX.
- OpenStack Container 2016: Thursday, February 4; Amersfoort, Netherlands.
- South Florida OpenStack users group: Thursday, February 4; Oakland Park, FL.
- Building agile clouds on Openstack: Thursday, February 4; Raleigh, NC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.