Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: February 15 - 21
Continued government adoption, StoryBoard task tracking, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- HMRC embraces OpenStack cloud to support digital tax platform: UK tax service adopts OpenStack for its cloud future.
- Keep your OpenStack projects on track with StoryBoard: This task tracking system will get your trains running on time.
- What does "Composable OpenStack" mean anyway: Contemplating the many differing definitions of what it means to be an OpenStack cloud.
- OpenStack Keystone Q&A: Answering questions with a Boston University distributed systems class.
- How OpenStack is helping SK Telecom: Roll out the next 5G LTE network on OpenStack.
- DoD mulls OpenStack to stretch IT budgets: With the military choose a standards-based, open source-based cloud?
- Women of OpenStack: Meet Comcast's Holly Bazemore.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- A new proposal: Separate design summits from OpenStack conferences.
- How would Nova microversion get-me-a-network in the API: Properly handing two different scenarios.
- Tenant vs. project: Settling on a consistent term.
- All hail the new per-region pypi, wheel, and apt mirrors: Reducing time spent and increasing reliability.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- High performance computing with OpenStack: Tuesday, February 16; Manchester, UK.
- OpenStack SDN and container: Wednesday, February 17; Frankfurt, Germany.
- OpenStack PDX meetup: Thursday, February 18; Portland, OR.
- Intro to OpenStack: Thursday, February 18; San Antonio, TX.
- Neutron networking with Cumulus and Project Astara: Thursday, February 18; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack Magnum: Thursday, February 18; San Francisco, CA.
- OpenStack meetup Ansible night: Thursday, February 18; Atlanta, GA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.