Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: February 22 - 28
Upgrading tutorial, Gnocchi 2.0 release, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack upgrading tutorial: 11 pitfalls and solutions.
- Gnocchi 2.0 release: What's new and why should you care?
- Write a Cinder backup driver in an evening: It's really that easy.
- Running OpenStack and OVN in Vagrant: A simple approach to getting started.
- OpenStack first app guide: Now with revamped orchestration.
- OpenStack market in APAC 2015-2019: A look at upcoming demand.
- Takeaways from the OpenStack mid-cycle ops meetup: First time's the charm.
- Enable the new generation launch dialog in OpenStack: Making it easier to launch instances.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Discussion about core reviewer limitations by company: How should the Kolla project maintain diversity?
- Adding a new /v3 endpoint for api-microversions: Pros and cons of adapting the Cinder API.
- Start to port Trove to Python 3 in Mitaka cycle: Is now the time to make the switch?
- What's going on in Swift: What's new in OpenStack's object store?
- Should we signal backwards incompatible changes in microversions: Versioning the Nova API.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack proof of concept with Packstack: Monday, February 22; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- OpenStack deployments and the big tent: Wednesday, February 24; Toronto, ON.
- Intro to OpenStack Trove and DBaaS: Wednesday, February 24; Boston, MA.
- OpenStack Romania February meetup: Thursday, February 25; Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- OpenStack Kolla and Magnum 101: Thursday, February 25; Littleton, CO.
- Keep it fresh with air-tight containers: Thursday, February 25; Pasadena, CA.
- VietOpenStack: Saturday, February 27; Ha Noi, Vietnam.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.