Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- A path across the desert: Improving security in Sahara.
- Splitting out the OpenStack Design Summit: Is it time for a change for when and how the OpenStack community meets?
- Looking to OpenStack's future in Europe: Thoughts on how the large research community and data sovereignty issues influence adoption.
- What to expect with OpenStack in 2016: Containers and network function virtualization are key areas.
- OpenStack Keystone: Common questions about tokens, use cases, and the philosophy behind the identity service project answered.
- A compilation of 7 new OpenStack tutorials: The best in new tutorials, all in one place.
- OpenStack Contributor Awards now open: Nominate an unsung hero for recognition at the Austin Summit.
- 5 questions for Walter Bentley: The author of OpenStack Administration with Ansible speaks.
- Check out Zanata: A tool to get OpenStack speaking your language.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- A proposal to separate the design summit: More discussion on making OpenStack events more productive.
- Solving API case sensitivity issues: Options for solving an issue in Nova.
- Show TripleO: A terminal dashboard.
- Audience for release notes: Writing release notes to help three separate audiences.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack networking session with Mark McClain: Monday, February 29; Herndon, VA.
- Neutron network troubleshooting: Wednesday, March 2; Richardson, TX.
- DNS, VNF, security, and SDN in OpenStack: Wednesday, March 2; Washington, DC.
- OpenStack at SEEBURGER AG: Wednesday, March 2; Stuttgart, Germany.
- Building agile clouds with OpenStack: Thursday, March 3; Morrisville, NC.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.