This week in OpenStack: February 8 -14
Dispatches from FOSDEM, new survey data, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack keeps the buzz going at FOSDEM '16: A packed booth kept tireless volunteers busy all weekend.
- RDO community day at FOSDEM: Users gather to discuss OpenStack.
- 21% of UK IT professionals now use OpenStack: A new survey released on OpenStack uptake.
- Visa Inc. turns to OpenStack to boost developer productivity: For best results, treat OpenStack like any software development project says Stan Chan, chief architect.
- Astara brings peace to OpenStack networks: Providing OpenStack cloud operators with a vendor-agnostic network orchestration platform.
- Meet the OpenStack Ambassadors: Marton Kiss, an OpenStacker based in Budapest.
- OpenStack in production: CERN's cloud in Kilo.
- OpenStack: Is it right for you?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- "No open core" in 2016: What does open core mean for a multi-company project like OpenStack?
- The trouble with names: What's the best way to regulate naming conventions?
- Software design in OpenStack: What encourages or describes good design in OpenStack?
- Evolving the stadium concept: A different approach to project governance in Neutron.
- Announcing Ekko: Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack.
- New project: Collectd-ceilometer-plugin.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- The state of Trove: Monday, February 8; Morrisville, NC.
- OpenStack Designate, DNS for your OpenStack cloud: Tuesday, February 9; Dublin, Ireland.
- OpenStack ELK stack: Tuesday, February 9; Istanbul, Turkey.
- Open source cloud meetup: Thursday, February 11; McLean, VA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.