Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: March 14 - 20
An Austin summit preview, new survey results, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack, the open-source cloud, still gaining converts, survey shows: Survey finds IT managers say OpenStack is less costly alternative.
- The OpenStack Summit Austin unveils new content, events, training: More tracks and double the workshops await Stackers.
- To make OpenStack cheaper, make it easier: Reduce costs by reducing complexity.
- Puppet OpenStack success during Mitaka cycle: A glance at what's new.
- What's new under the OpenStack big tent: Dragonflow and Kuryr.
- OpenStack bug smash in NYC: A recap from one location of a global event.
- Women of OpenStack launches new mentoring program: The new program aims to provide technical or career guidance.
- What eBay looks like under the hood: A look at the auction giant's infrastructure, including OpenStack.
- OpenStack Academy opens its doors at the Austin Summit: On-site training and workshops are a big focus of the April summit schedule released earlier this week.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Question about electorate for project without Gerrit contribution: How do you determine who is active when contributions aren't code?
- How do we move forward with xstatic releases: How should Horizon solve a blocking issue?
- Using multiple token formats in a one OpenStack cloud: Handling more than one token format in Keystone.
- Preparing to create stable/mitaka branches for libraries: The next major release is fast approaching.
- Default ports list: How are port collisions avoided between OpenStack projects?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Learn how to use DBaaS for OpenStack: Tuesday, March 15; Seattle, WA.
- The future of OpenStack: Wednesday, March 16; New York, NY.
- Container networking in OpenStack: Wednesday, March 16; Boston, MA.
- OpenStack PDX meetup: Thursday, March 17; Portland, OR.
- An introduction to OpenStack Trove: Thursday, March 17; Palo Alto, CA.
- Trove, database as a service, and networking with containers: Thursday, March 17; Austin, TX.
- Orchestrating OpenStack with OneOps: Thursday, March 17; San Francisco, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.