Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: March 21 - 27
An OPNFV primer, using Ansible for CI, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- A primer on OPNFV software-defined networks for OpenStack: What you need to know about the latest release, Brahmaputra.
- Using Ansible for continuous integration on OpenStack: Get set up and running in this tutorial.
- OpenStack release management changes for Mitaka retrospective: How the release process is becoming more automated and streamlined.
- From ownCloud to OpenStack: You can unlock the cloud.
- What's new under the OpenStack big tent: Learn more about the orchestration project, Tacker, and how you can get involved.
- OpenStack’s new peacemaker to quarrelsome multi-vendor cloud management: How the Astara project hopes to remove frustration.
- Five elements for successful OpenStack deployment: How the OpenStack community is addressing customer concerns.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Maintaining httplib2 python library: A core dependency needs a new maintainer.
- Introduction to jacket: A new project for managing multiple clouds.
- Purplerbot IRC bot for logs and transclusion: Helping with communications in public channels.
- Tagging reviews: Making tags searchable.
- Working on bug reports: What blocks you?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack and the hybrid cloud: Tuesday, March 22; Glen Allen, VA.
- Using OpenDaylight as an SDN controller for OpenStack deployments: Tuesday, March 22; Durham, NC.
- OpenStack March meetup: Wednesday, March 23; Budapest, Hungary.
- Bringing in the Heat from OpenStack: Thursday, March 24; Houston, TX.
- OpenStack storage and the Cinder project: Thursday, March 24; Pasadena, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.