Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: March 28 - April 3
A new Ceph cookbook, Technical Committee highlights, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Serve up your OpenStack storage with the "Ceph Cookbook": This new book provides recipes for designing, implementing and managing the software-designed storage system used by CERN.
- Technical Committee highlights: Open core issues, mission statement revisited, and new projects.
- Learn what's coming in OpenStack Mitaka: Upcoming webinar to preview the next major release.
- First official OpenStack Hackathon strikes a chord: 38 teams competed for a grand prize trip to the Austin Summit.
- GoDaddy launches OpenStack-powered cloud services: Another web services provider turns to OpenStack.
- We need a consistent OpenStack: A call for less variability between projects.
- Help improve the OpenStack Swift operations runbook: Recently launched, it covers configuration, server maintenance and troubleshooting.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Status of teams without PTL candidates: What to do when a project doesn't have a leader.
- CI jobs for Neutron take pretty long: Can we improve that?
- The zen of Heat, containers, and the future of TripleO: What role will containers play in TripleO's future?
- Our install guides only cover DefCore: What about the big tent?
- Which projects support WSGI and Python 3 in Mitaka: Collecting a list of compliant projects.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Automation in OpenStack: Tuesday, March 29; Harrisburg, PA.
- Introduction to OpenStack: Tuesday, March 29; St. Louis, MO.
- Introduction to OpenStack Trove and DBaaS: Wednesday, March 30; Toronto, ON.
- Chef DevOps for OpenStack: Wednesday, March 30; Orlando, FL.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: Thursday, March 31; Denver, CO.
- OpenStack India meetup: Saturday, April 2; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.