Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: March 7 - 13
Python 3 status, a cloud architect's best friend, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Why the discovery process is the OpenStack cloud architect’s best friend: Follow these steps to design an enterprise cloud.
- Status of Python 3 in OpenStack Mitaka: How the various components are moving to the newest version.
- Tenant networks vs. provider networks in the private cloud context: Why shared provider networks are a good fit for private clouds.
- Horizon Mitaka midcycle sprint recap: What's coming up in OpenStack's web-based dashboard.
- OpenStack infraststructure, Jenkins jobs: Learn how the OpenStack CI process works.
- A talk about CI in OpenStack and RDO: A report from OpenStack Montreal.
- How OpenStack can ride the wave of cloud adoption in South America: Ambassador Marcelo Dieder expects the boom to continue in the region for 2016-2017.
- Navigating OpenStack deployment challenges: Finding success in your deployment.
- Working together to move mountains at the OpenStack Summit: Talking in person at design sessions makes OpenStack developers more efficient.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Nova hooks: Document and test, or deprecate?
- OpenStack contributor awards: Informal awards to recognize invaluable work.
- Changing the Neutron default security group rules: A few reasons for making the change.
- When to revert a patch: What are the guidelines?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Global OpenStack bug smash Mitaka: Monday, March 7; New York, NY.
- Global OpenStack bug smash Mitaka: Monday, March 7; Bangalore, India.
- Global OpenStack bug smash Mitaka: Monday, March 7; Sydney, Australia.
- Global OpenStack bug smash Mitaka: Monday, March 7; Pune, India.
- Swiss OpenStack user group meetup: Wednesday, March 9; Zürich, Switzerland.
- Let's talk OpenStack storage: Wednesday, March 9; Chicago, Il.
- War stories operating an OpenStack cloud: Thursday, March 10; Wellington, New Zealand.
- OpenStack and containers: Thursday, March 10; Pleasanton, CA.
- Singapore OpenStack user group: Thursday, March 10; Singapore.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.