Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack’s Mitaka release focuses on manageability and user experience: Making the open source cloud easier to use.
- OpenStack simplifies management with Mitaka release: A unified CLI, more consistent APIs, and more.
- OpenStack 'Mitaka' materialises: Lucky 13th version of open cloud now offers one client for all OpenStack projects.
- Latest OpenStack release advances 'intent-based' configuration: Why orchestration is increasingly important.
- The API Working Group is on a mission for a better experience for OpenStack users: Heeding the call to eliminate head-scratchers for developers and operators.
- OpenStack enterprise users: Nine businesses using the open-source cloud platform.
- A guide to the OpenStack Mitaka release: What's new and what should you expect?
- Troubleshooting OpenStack: A new book shows you how.
- Alternative interfaces for OpenStack: There's more than one way to look at a cloud.
- DefCore: What OpenStack devs need to know.
- Infographic: OpenStack comes of age.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Gaming the Stackalytics stats: Why are bot patches seeing so many +1s?
- Removing default flavors from Nova: A new patch introduces some changes.
- Proposal to remove `nova image-*` commands from novaclient: Potential changes with Glance.
- Minimal secure identification of a new VM: A proposal for VM identities.
- Results of the TC election: Who will lead the next iteration of OpenStack?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- The state of OpenStack Trove: Tuesday, April 12; Chicago, IL.
- Talk about running OpenStack clouds with Workday: Tuesday, April 12; San Jose, CA.
- OpenStack Toronto: Wednesday, April 13; Toronto, ON.
- Storage in OpenStack: Wednesday, April 13; Pleasanton, CA.
- Cloud resilience and experiences with OpenStack: Wednesday, April 13; Munich, Germany.
- OpenStackFin group meetup: Thursday, April 14; Helsinki, Finland.
- Introduction to project Barbican: Thursday, April 14; San Antonio, TX.
- OpenStack Keystone: Thursday, April 14; Sunnyvale, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.