Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 16 - 22
Cross project collaboration, release naming, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Cross project collaboration in the OpenStack community: Mike Perez on getting projects to better coordinate their efforts.
- Bexar, Mitaka, Newton: Behind OpenStack release names.
- OpenStack East announced: A new community event taking place in New York City this August.
- OpenStack goes live: A summit to think about.
- Get to know the OpenStack Security Project: Getting both developers and operators involved to keep OpenStack distribution secure.
- Culture and technology can drive the future of Openstack: Where is OpenStack headed as it continue to progress?
- Inclusivity initiatives in the OpenStack community: What the Women of OpenStack and Diversity Working Group are doing to promote diversity.
- Jumping back on the (OpenStack) bus in Austin: A look back at the most recent summit.
- Key findings from the first user survey of 2016: What have we learned about OpenStack users?
- OpenStack, SDN, and container networking power enterprise cloud at PayPal: How the company is leveraging open source to build a modern cloud.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- On operating a high throughput or otherwise team: Keeping development swift and effective.
- Team blogs: What is the most effective way for project members to share information publicly?
- Easing contributions to central documentation: How best to ease barriers to contribution.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Deploying my first OpenStack app: Monday, May 16; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Application modeling, containers, OpenStack, Sahara and big data: Wednesday, May 18; Washington, DC.
- OpenStack Summit Austin summary from the developers: Wednesday, May 18; Manchester, UK.
- OpenStack PDX meetup: Thursday, May 19; Portland, OR.
- Recap of OpenStack Austin Summit: Thursday, May 19; St. Louis, MO.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.