Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 23 - 29, 2016
Design Summit evolution, operating at scale, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Evolving the OpenStack Design Summit: Frequently asked questions.
- Oh, the places you’ll go with OpenStack: With OpenStack in tow you'll go far—be it your house, your bank, your city or your car.
- OpenStack interview series: What did everyone do for the Mitaka release of OpenStack?
- OpenStack underpins Comcast elastic cloud: An open source cloud scaling to the size of telecom.
- OpenStack goes live: A Summit to think about.
- Hate the taxes, not the online platform: HMRC's journey with OpenStack.
- OpenStack's no science project, but does 'need to be glued together': NCI's Andrew Howard on running OpenStack at scale.
- OSOps gives operators a powerful tool to poke OpenStack developers: A gathering places for operations team members.
- Ask Wikibon: What did we learn from OpenStack Summit 2016?
- Resource management: How CERN makes the best use of OpenStack clouds.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Nodes management in our shiny new TripleO API: Making changes to the TripleO interface.
- Languages vs. scope of "OpenStack": Where does OpenStack stop and the projects around it begin?
- Refresher on how to use global requirements process: A step-by-step process.
- Answers to some questions about Glance: Keeping balance as a project speeds forward.
- Deprecated options in sample configs: Discouraging operators from using deprecated features.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Trove and PostgreSQL DBaaS: Monday, May 23; New York, NY.
- Running Kubernetes on Openstack: Wednesday, May 25; Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- OpenStack Liberty and Devstack tutorial: Wednesday, May 25; San Diego, CA.
- OpenStack Brazil hangout: Wednesday, May 25; São Paulo, Brazil.
- OpenStack forum: Thursday, May 26; Oslo, Norway.
- OpenStack Kazakhstan Meetup: Thursday, May 26; Astana, Kazakhstan.
- Ansible and OpenStack: Thursday, May 26; Houston, TX.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.