Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: May 30 - June 5
Supercomputers, a global community, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Cray’s latest supercomputer runs OpenStack and open source big data tools: Supercomputer manufacturer turns to OpenStack for newest solution.
- From Austin to Tel Aviv: The OpenStack community goes from local to global.
- Developing for OpenStack APIs: One developer's experience giving his first summit talk.
- Big ideas contest showcases OpenStack innovation: Demonstrating scalability, interoperability, and performance at scale.
- What's in the cards for OpenStack: Three community members talk bigger, badder startups, fewer "experimental" deployments, and more.
- How Ancestry.com's open source strategy combines Kubernetes and OpenStack: Scaling storage for more than 2 million users searching for their roots.
- Test Fedora 24 Beta in an OpenStack cloud: Get a sneak peek at upcoming features.
- How Burton Snowboards is carving down the OpenStack trail: Agile on the slopes and OpenStack Swift in the data center.
- Open source as reality TV and burning data centers: Notes from an OpenStack podcast.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- I'm going to expire open bug reports older than 18 months: Retiring old bugs in Nova.
- Mentors needed in specific technical areas: Growing the size of the OpenStack mentoring community.
- Log spool in the context: Two options for adding a spooling logger to Oslo.
- Leadership training: Ideas to include those not in the room.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Australian OpenStack user group meetup: Monday, May 30; Brisbane, Australia.
- 2016 OpenStack Days: Tuesday, May 31; Istanbul, Turkey.
- Austin Summit recap: Tuesday, May 31; Frankfurt, Germany.
- Mitaka overview: Wednesday, June 1; Richardson, TX.
- OpenStack Day Israel 2016: Thursday, June 2; Tel Aviv, Israel.
- OpenStack hardware integration and service modeling: Thursday, June 2; Amersfoort, Netherlands.
- OpenStack and containers: Thursday, June 2; Barcelona, Spain.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.