Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 9 -15
Roadmaps, reflections, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- The latest on the OpenStack community roadmap: What to expect as OpenStack matures.
- OpenStack debunks five common misconceptions: OpenStack is addressing commonly asked questions.
- Reflecting on six years of OpenStack Summits: What's changed?
- OpenStack Summit coming to Australia in November 2017: OpenStack Summit reaches fourth continent.
- Federated identity: What is it, why it matters and its maturity in OpenStack.
- Showdown at the OpenStack corral: Which telecom can boast the largest OpenStack cloud?
- Collaborate or die: OPNFV and OpenStack communities work together to advance NFV.
- OpenStack Mitaka brings new wave of storage features: Projects including Swift, Cinder and Manila see new features.
- OpenStack grows up: Observations from the OpenStack Summit.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Requirements for becoming approved official project: What's involved in joining the official ranks?
- Discussion of image building in Trove: Where should test images live?
- Supporting Go: Will the Go language join Python as one of OpenStack's official languages?
- Timeframe for naming the P release: When will we name the next OpenStack release after Ocata?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Python and OpenStack: Tuesday, May 10; Tucson, AZ.
- Intro to OpenStack: Wednesday, May 11; New York, NY.
- OpenStack Austin Summit recap lightning talks: Wednesday, May 11; New York, NY.
- Post Austin Summit meetup: Wednesday, May 11; London, UK.
- OpenStack for cloud native apps: Thursday, May 12; San Francisco, CA.
- What happened at the OpenStack Summit in Austin: Thursday, May 12; Philadelphia, PA.
- Advanced network services in OpenStack: Thursday, May 12; Pleasanton, CA.
- Working with Windows images in OpenStack: Thursday, May 12; San Francisco, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.