Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: June 27, 2016
New projects, security, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- What's new under the OpenStack big tent: Vitrage, the service for organizing and analyzing and expanding OpenStack alarms and events.
- OpenStack security: Common vulnerabilities and what to do about them.
- OpenStack and storage: Flowing downstream with openness.
- OpenStack contributions to other open source projects: Where else are OpenStack contributors working in the upstream?
- OpenStack Days Israel 2016: Government adoption highlights local adoption and innovation.
- OpenStack enterprise users: Nine businesses building open source clouds.
- What's new under the OpenStack big tent: Openstack-salt and Watcher.
- Apache Libcloud: The open-source cloud library to link all clouds together.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Multiple implementation of /usr/bin/foo stored at the same location: Avoiding conflicts in Neutron.
- Status of the OpenStack port to Python 3: Where are we and where are we headed?
- Mistral logo ideas: Creating an identity for an open source project.
- Normalizing requirements file: Making it easier to package OpenStack.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Red Hat Summit: Monday, June 27 - Wednesday, June 29; San Francisco, CA.
- NFVi and OpenStack: Tuesday, June 28; San Francisco, CA.
- OpenStack fundamentals workshop: Wednesday, June 29; Köln, Germany.
- How to configure OpenStack Swift: Wednesday, June 29; Reston, VA.
- OpenStack Brazil hangout: Wednesday, June 29; São Paulo, Brazil.
- Discuss and learn about OpenStack: Thursday, June 30; Denver, CO.
- Containers on OpenStack: Thursday, June 30; Melbourne, Australia.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.