This week in OpenStack: July 11 - 17, 2016
Bug smashing, birthday celebrations, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack turns 6: Community focuses on collaboration and growth.
- Liveness: Making sure that the data used to make an authorization check is valid.
- The fourth China OpenStack Bug Smash hosted in Hangzhou: Chinese OpenStack enthusiasts work to build a better OpenStack.
- Global OpenStack bug smash returns for Newton: More bug smashing around the world.
- OpenStack Day Ireland: A recap from the event.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Disable option value interpolation in oslo.config: A few options for solving a bug around option value interpolation.
- Retiring nova-docker project: There are now other ways to launch containers in OpenStack.
- Use Keystone trusts in Magnum: Using Keystone to authenticate a user's jobs.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack 6th birthday celebration: Tuesday, July 12; Hong Kong.
- OpenStack 6th anniversary: Wednesday, July 13; New York, NY.
- OpenStack on Stacki: Wednesday, July 13; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack 6th birthday: Wednesday, July 13; Athens, Greece.
- 6th OpenStack birthday celebration: Thursday, July 14; Bucharest, Romania.
- Capacity planning for elastic clouds and OpenStack: Thursday, July 14; Scottsdale, AZ.
- OpenStack 6th birthday party and lightning talks: Thursday, July 14; Sunnyvale, CA.
- Celebremos 6 años de OpenStack: Friday, July 15; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- OpenStack 6th birthday: Saturday, July 16; São Paulo, Brazil.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.