Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: July 25 - 31, 2016
Finding security issues, regional events, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Why OpenStack is not big enough: You need a massive set of functionality to automate all of the infrastructure in the world’s data centers.
- An automated approach to OpenStack migration and configuration: A free book chapter on administering OpenStack with Ansible.
- Finding OpenStack security issues with Bandit: How to use Bandit to find and prevent security defects in your OpenStack code.
- You've come a long way, baby: Happy 6th birthday OpenStack.
- OpenStack fuels surge of regional rivals to top cloud providers: New clouds appearing around the globe.
- OpenStack Days Ireland zeroes in on networking: From containers to NFV, participants connected the dots at Dublin's first event.
- New York OpenStack community celebrates two 6th birthdays this year: Only blizzards stop one of the oldest user groups from getting together.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Monitoring tooling: Implementing monitoring in the Kolla project.
- Volume drivers unit tests: Spending time to make tests better in Cinder.
- FPGA as a dynamic nested resources: Providing FPGA resources in OpenStack.
For an even more in-depth look back at the developer email list, check out Mike Perez's digest of the OpenStack Developer Mailing List (not updated weekly) or Hugh Blemings' Last week on OpenStack Dev.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack 6th birthday celebration: Monday, July 25; St. Paul, MN.
- Celebrating OpenStack's 6th birthday: Wednesday, July 27; Islamabad, Pakistan.
- OpenStack's 6th birthday: Wednesday, July 27; Manchester, UK.
- OpenStack Birthday Event: Thursday, July 28; Lexington, KY.
- OpenStack's 6th birthday: Thursday, July 28; Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- OpenStack's 6th birthday celebration: Thursday, July 28; Reston, VA.
- Using OpenStack Cinder to manage Docker storage: Thursday, July 28; Philadelphia, PA.
- OpenStack's 6th birthday: Thursday, July 28; Louisville, CO.
- OpenStack at Overstock: Thursday, July 28; Draper, UT.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.