Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: August 15 - 21
Newton release previews, adoption trends, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack Newton release: What's next for Sahara and Telemetry.
- OpenStack adoption continues to ramp up: Numbers suggest a growing market.
- OpenStack: From survive to thrive.
- How OpenStack and Outreachy helped me write my first specification: Akanksha Agrawal recounts her experience as an intern.
- Is Swift OpenStack: Thoughts on Swift's divergent language choice and the history of OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- History lesson please: How did the policy for approving requirements changes come to be?
- tag:follows-standard-deprecation should be removed: How does Cinder conform to OpenStack's deprecation policy?
- Constraints are ready to be used for tox.ini: Upper-constraints can be used now for all tox-based jobs.
- Binary package dependencies, not only for Python: Projects can use bindep.txt to document in a programmatic way their binary dependencies.
- Why module has been deleted even if it is consumed by the project: Understanding the requirements process.
For an even more in-depth look back at the developer email list, check out Mike Perez's digest of the OpenStack Developer Mailing List (not updated weekly) or Hugh Blemings' Last week on OpenStack Dev.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Deploying web apps on OpenStack with Heat: Monday, August 15; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Containers and OpenStack: Wednesday, August 17; San Francisco, CA.
- Let's meet and discuss OpenStack: Wednesday, August 17; Phoenix, AZ.
- How to become an OpenStack Contributor: Thursday, August 18; St. Louis, MO.
- OpenStack meetup: Thursday, August 18; Atlanta, GA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.