Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: August 22 - 28
App development, avoiding pitfalls, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- App developers: Here's more on what OpenStack can do for you.
- How to avoid pitfalls in doing your OpenStack deployment: Acquire the right talent and get them trained.
- Considering OpenStack: What does a CIO need to know about the open source cloud platform?
- Analysis of the state of OpenStack: A look back at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event.
- How Walmart Labs utilizes OpenStack to stay agile: How to move faster with OpenStack.
- OpenStack Days Mexico highlights growing interest: Looking ahead to the September OpenStack hackathon.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Memory shortage in HA jobs, please increase it: Improving the TripleO continuous integration experience.
- Let's drop the PostgreSQL gate job: Does this gate still make sense?
- Need naming suggestions for "capabilities": Exposing to users what actions they're allowed to take.
For an even more in-depth look back at the developer email list, check out Mike Perez's digest of the OpenStack Developer Mailing List (not updated weekly) or Hugh Blemings' Last week on OpenStack Dev.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.