Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: August 8 - 14
Summit voting, awards nominations, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Superuser Awards nominations open for OpenStack Summit Barcelona: Learn what's new for this round of the Superuser Awards and nominate an organization of any size.
- OpenStack operators, developers, users: It's your Summit, vote!
- Prepping for the next OpenStack app dev hackathon: Behind the scenes at a free training session.
- The five-minute CIO: Jonathan Bryce, OpenStack Foundation.
- How OpenStack makes Python better, and vice-versa: How open source ecosystems overlap and grow together.
- OpenStack Newton release: What's next for Designate, Glance, and Trove.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Why do we need a Requirements Team and PTL: A great deal of work goes into requirements gathering.
- Stepping down: A new vacancy on OpenStack's technical committee.
- Some thoughts on API microversions: When does a change warrant a new microversion?
- Persistently single-vendor projects: How do projects backed by a single company fit into the OpenStack ecosystem?
For an even more in-depth look back at the developer email list, check out Mike Perez's digest of the OpenStack Developer Mailing List (not updated weekly) or Hugh Blemings' Last week on OpenStack Dev.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Big data in OpenStack: Tuesday, August 9; Milwaukee, WI.
- First Charlotte OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, August 10; Charlotte, NC.
- OpenStack event: Thursday, August 11; Shanghai, China.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.