This week in OpenStack: September 12 - 18
The end of design summits, launching a server with Ansible, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack Summit in Barcelona will be last Design Summit: Changing how the OpenStack community meets.
- Using Ansible 2.0 to launch a server on OpenStack: Using the new Python Shade library modules to configure a simple playbook.
- Puppet OpenStack achievements during Newton cycle: What can we expect in the next release?
- How to survive your first OpenStack Hackathon: Planning, power naps, and a tent will get you through the weekend.
- Snapdeal gives OpenStack a much-needed pre-summit fillip: India's largest online marketplace turns to OpenStack.
- Meet OpenStack's Upstream Developer Advocate: One of the Foundation's newest staffers weighs in on the Python debate and revamping Upstream University.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- OpenStack wiki reCAPTCHA: Can the wiki user experience be improved while keeping spam out?
- Regarding string freeze and back ports involving translatable strings: Finding clarity around translation deadlines.
- Governance proposal worth a visit: Write down OpenStack principles.
- Timeframe for future elections and "Release stewards": Aligning project elections with new event schedules.
- Mad for OpenStack: Wednesday, September 14; Madrid, Spain.
- OpenStack forum: Thursday, September 15; Oslo, Norway.
- OpenStack PDX: Thursday, September 15; Portland, OR.
- Containers in OpenStack: Thursday, September 15; Cambridge, MA.
- OpenStack and lean coffee: Thursday, September 15; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack 6th birthday meetup: Thursday, September 15; Antwerp; Belgium.
- OpenStack meetup: Thursday, September 15; Atlanta, GA.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.